View Single Post
Old 05-04-03, 00:24
Alexander Borgia

Default Re: Cultural Differences

[QUOTE]Originally posted by R Mark Davies
[B]Alexander,

What on earth does 1600 have to do with this? Where did I suggest that you had European ancestry and what would be the point?!

-----just pointing out that I have no sentimental ties to England, unlike many English Canadians who do.

You suggest that we have cultural differences, but you are wrong. We have differences in attitudes, decency and good taste. In all the places I've travelled to in Canada and in all the people I've met, I've hardly encountered any difference in culture - very different to the USA, I might add. I think you're out of touch with your own culture.

-----Not only are there cultural differences between Canada and England, but certainly cultural differences between regions in Canada.

Are you seriously suggesting that your countrymen would let you get away with your comments if it had been a trooper from the Royal Canadian Dragoons?

---many would join in. When 4 PPCLIs were killed from friendly fire in Afghanistan, I was as upset about it as you appear to be. Did that stop me and my friends from making ironic coments about some of the things that were said about it? Lighten up already. Before this war even began we were joking that the British forces would have more to fear from the Americans than the Iraqis. This is the reality of war, since you support it so much, you have to accept the consequences of what you support. And once again, the joke was about the comment about the suits, not the fact that the soldier was killed. Way too many people are dying in this war, and please remind me, what's the reason this week? Not only have no WMDs been used, none have been found, and there is still no evidence to suggest that they exist.