View Single Post
Old 27-01-12, 00:08
Mr. HUP

Default Late Barn Update

It got busy this week at work. Deadlines tend to focus one's thoughts and actions. Now that I have had some time to catch my breath, here is what happened last Sunday. It was cold, but not stupid cold (which I think is easier to survive that stupid hot...). Nonetheless, all three of us made it to the barn for what turned out to be a short day. The first to cross the barn's threshold has the joy of feeding Lucifer and confusing the local mosquito population - they actually do show up when Lucifer is at full glow!

Once Lucifer was sated, I got on to painting some of the items taken off of the Pilot Model HUP. The throw out arms from the windshields, sunshine hatch stopper plates, a few spring clamps and the two upper support pillars got their first coat of black paint.

Whilst slapping the paint on the pre-heated parts, Bob arrived. I think he was amused at how fast the paint dried on the parts. It might have something to do with having spent a few minutes resting on top of Lucifer's fire box. Shorthly thereafter, Grant arrived sporting his California tan. We spent the rest of the morning yakking about cleaning up the barn and other tasks - Bob proudly showed off his "air dryer". The boys put a fresh tarp over one of Grant's shelter to keep the ice and snow at bay. Then we drove to the thriving metropolis of Rockland for a nice sit down full breakfast. It was good to see Bob was behaving himself and was eating wisely.

Back at the barn we fiddled around with various bits and pieces and decided to call it a day. Sometimes you need a small break in the action - or maybe we were just plain lazy. We will make up for it in the future.

Photos

1 - Yep. It is still cold - Bob thawing out the air regulator with the "air dryer"
2 - Pilot Model parts awaiting a new coat of paint
3 - The same with their new coat airing themselves near Lucifer- notice Bob's new rack in the background
Attached Thumbnails
colder 001.jpg   colder 002.jpg   colder 005.jpg  

Last edited by RHClarke; 27-01-12 at 02:52.