View Single Post
Old 15-11-17, 11:36

Like a giddy school kid I couldn't wait for my working day to end in Guelph yesterday and take advantage of the fact I would be passing Brian Asbury's shop on my way home, his teaser of a manual being available had filled my head with fantastic images like a child thinking of sugar plum cakes near Christmas.

When I arrived at Brian's place there was a trove of other gems awaiting purchase and we dealt with that first. All the time I was imagining what generation copy of a manual he had.

We finally retired to his office and he passed it to me and I was shocked. It is an original bound manual covering both operating and maintenance and parts all rolled into one with some very explicit cutaway drawing of various parts and good simple explanations.

The covers are a work or art and the rear has an embossed set of track imprints curving towards the spine.

Brian is going to have two copies of the manual made, one for me to use in the shop and the other for his library. So while I have touched the manual I will not get to digest it until the post office delivers it in a week or so.

Once again, thank you to Brian Asbury aka BCA on this forum and I look forward to my early Christmas present.
Attached Thumbnails
cl70 manual 01.jpg   cl70 manual 02.jpg   cl70 manual 03.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62