View Single Post
Old 24-12-15, 01:37

Default Christmas wire 5

Friends,

Thank-you all your comments.

Picture 1 : The absolute necessity if you want to restore a Wire 5 box : The Wireless Set Canadian No 19 installation instructions for TRUCK and ground station. It contains specific information for the HUP and the 2G1, 2G2 and 2K1 setups. Thanks Jon Skagfeld.

Picture 2 : The absolutely sublime diagram of the Wire 5 box radio setup. Sketch credit Louis Meulstee.

Picture 3: A very special Wireless 19 control box that is sure to bring up interest with my Sherman owner friends . I found it today in my stuff doing inventory for the Wireless 5 box. Q. Was it ever used in the UC Mk 2 , the 5 cwt Scout Car ( Jeep ) or the Wire 5 box ? As you here know , Wireless 38 sets were carried in armour to communicate with the infantry supporting the armour ( or the reverse ? ) .

This restoration is going very well. I have inventoried my Chorehorses , spare parts for same ( thanks Brian Asbury ) and original Chorehorse parts boxes complete with 3 language Foreign Aid logo ) . Good to go on that aspect.

I also inventoried my spare parts and accesssory inventory for the wireless 19 setup. Good to go .

Q. I have complete and standard No 19 sets on No 23 Carriers and a complete Canadian High Power suite. Should i go standard 19 or go for the High Power setup if i want to represent a Sherbrooke Fusilier ( 27th Armoured Regt ) radio truck in the winter of 44-45 Holland theatre of war ? Or, it would represent higher up in the COC like a Brigade HQ or maybe the whole Armoured Div ? I know the Sigs trucks belonged to Sigs units.So my questions are not about the markings but about the radio equipment carried in the box.

I am open to comments , suggestions and remarks. Make my education on Sigs. Reminder, my roots are not in the Sigs field , but i am willing to learn ( .)

Remember : Holland / Germany Jan-Feb - Mar 1945.
Thanks .
Attached Thumbnails
christmas wireless 1.JPG   christmas wireless 2.JPG   Christmas wireless 3.JPG  
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 29-12-15 at 02:13.