View Single Post
Old 18-05-11, 19:12
Derek Heuring

Default more pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
Does anyone have photos available of an original Canadian made Horizontal Aerial on it's wooden reel that shows how the black insulator links are set up at either end?

The only picture I can find is from the Mk III Operators Manual that shows the complete Truck and Ground Installation Set Up and the photo is too small and dark for any good detail. It looks as if there are three black links at each end of the aerial wire, but I need to determine what fastened the link set to the aerial plate at the top of the 20 and 34 foot masts. Was it a simple piece of cord, or one of the green metal snap clips like the ones used to fasten the guy ropes to the masts...or something completely different, Not sure if the Canadian and British Horizontal Aerials were identical or not.

Dave, here are three pics from my AERIAL 70' No 1 ZA11530 showing the different ends on the aerial. One end is twisted into a loop while the other has a cylindrical piece soldered to it. The cylindrical end was trapped in the keeper ring which went through the insulator link.
The reel has it's own stamp as follows: REEL, Aerial No.4 ZA10049 and is marked 6.6 - 8.0 MC/S. Further, their are two inspector stamps side by side which have 70' MECH. INSP. inside of triangles.
Hope this adds to the conversation.

CHEEMO!

Derek.
Attached Thumbnails
WS 19 Aerial pic1.jpg   WS 19 aerial pic3.jpg   WS 19 aerial pic2.jpg