View Single Post
Old 31-03-07, 02:34
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Zaire Diamond "T"...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
Alex, can you pass on to Bryan that once you start getting into larger sized trucks, US heavy truck Manufacturers start to move away from specific brand bellhousing patterns and use "SAE number" bellhousings. There is probably no adaptor fitted to install the diesel in place of the petrol motor. SAE 1, 2, or 3 are the most common truck patterns.

I will send a word doc to you Alex with the SAE patterns.
Thanks for the info Tony..I linked our postings on the forum and sent it to Bryan and invited him to join us here at the MLU forum..we don't have many African members..associates...posters..or what ever we are..
Apparantly the "T" was driven down from North Africa after the war and ended up in the Congo...but then the Brits were in the Congo and we had troops in the Congo in '60...when they won their indepenndence..and civil war broke out ..we ended flying our old dollar nineteens in and evacuating all kinds of refugees out of Elizabethville..I joined the RCAF in '63 and there were lots of the guys that has been involved in the lift..some hair raising stories were told in the mess over a flagon or two..
But those stories are for another time..I hope that Bill Mullholland gets involved with this posting...He is Mr.Diamond "T"..and owns two of them..