View Single Post
Old 03-09-10, 06:06
Derek Heuring

Default T'is but a pittance

For starters, consider the distance travelled for those of us coming from Texas, and elsewhere in the U.S. which is an 11,000 to 12,000 mile round trip. Even at a conservative 10MPG we're looking at 1,100 to 1,200 gallons of fuel which works out to what?...$3,000.00 to $4,000.00? And that's just for fuel, so a $300.00 registration fee is but a pittance. As for fuel caches, which I haven't heard a thing about to date, $300.00 ain't gonna cover much.
My best guess is that the registration fee is to cover all the radios, batteries, fuel for the truck towing the maintenance trailer, liability insurance, tools, welder and welding supplies, logos, paper, printer ink cartridges, international phone calls, MVPA staff overtime, T-shirt and coffee mug for all participants, possible pre-trip recon of route, etc. etc.
As I said, t'is but a pittance.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEA PARTY!

Derek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_bath_jr View Post
$300.00 WOW, that is crazy, When I was talking about this trip originally I was trying to get everything donated which I know I could have gotten a lot for the trip for everybody. I can't see paying 300 for fuel I will never use.