View Single Post
Old 20-07-21, 15:44

Default LUGS, Solder, 90-Amp WB/CAN 4707

Here are the details for the LUGS, Chris.

The Parts Manual also refers to these, and a few others, as 'Sherman Lugs'. I am not certain if that is a reference to a Brand Name, or type of lug, however.

If I end up having to replicate the CONNECTORS, Single, 16-inch, I would prefer to go with the 7mm HT wire that I have on hand at the moment. That should fit the PLUGS just nicely but would tend to be a rather sloppy fit when seated in the bore of these LUGS.

I have just noticed, though, in the illustration I posted yesterday of the CONNECTORS that the ID Sleeve is located right up against the back end of the lug. If that ID Sleeve were in fact to also be seated fully into the bore of the lug to keep it in that location, it just might take up any slack between the 7mm HT wire and the bore of the lug. In theory, there should be no physical load at all on the lug end of this Connector. The lug would simply be dropped over the terminal on the side of the Coils, Aerial Tuning case and the wing nut secured…job done and it just sits there. It would be the Plug End that would be subjected to a lot of pushing and pulling force.

Cheers for now,

David
Attached Thumbnails
LUGS, Solder, 90-Amp  WB:CAN 4707.jpg