Thread: 1940s Dump Box
View Single Post
Old 16-08-11, 13:09

Default Comment on data plate.

The data plate attached to the body Jeff is describing seems to list the parts and maintenance manual as CV-26. All of the other CV series manuals that I know of are for post-war vehicles. CV-1 Penguin Snowmobile (published 1949), CV-7 M37 series, CV-25 M135 series, CV-27 M101, CV-31 M-38 CV-32 M38A1, CV-47 van body for M207 chassis are examples. Most (all?) of the Canadian body manuals published during the war are in the SB## series, including the "SB 9 Maintenance Manual and Spare Parts List - Universal Tipper Model 4-F-2" that includes a photo of a body that looks of a similar pattern to this one, to be "mounted on a Dodge 3-ton 4x2, 136"W.B. Chassis". SB 9A applies to bodies 4-F-2, 4-F-3 and 4-F-4 and shows similar bodies mounted on Dodge and Ford. Derk's photos show a data plate referencing SB 9A.

The two types of dump body appear similar, but I don't see parts in the SB 9 series manual that would match the 5th photo in the first post.

As Harry points out, similar looking bodies were available for an extended period. Overall, I suspect Jeff and Derk are dealing with similar bodies from different eras.