View Single Post
Old 23-11-13, 16:47
aut viam inveniam aut fac

For some strange reason the little town of Terrebonne Qc has two 17pdrs sitting beside its miniscule cenotaph down by the river/former mill now library/ island park

I can guarantee no-one in the city knows what they are, nor how they got there..probably decades ago.... I think I might have taken photos of them for an old Convoy mag.

The local legion has a 25pdr, but somehow pieces have disappeared from it over the years.. When I first saw it, it was pretty complete...including the wood seat, and traversin platform/ring gone along with just about everything else.. probably thrown out.. not many "collectors" around this area, and I would guess (pure speculation) that they scrapped the heavy ring to get cash,, along with the traversing poles and any other removable metal... as, like all Legions, they're struggling financially..esp as this -was- a mostly "English" legion..and even a decade ago, there were hardly any members...(there's another French Legion in town.) The area has hardly any anglos left.. two anglo schools closed down long ago.