View Single Post
Old 22-11-08, 17:58
former Resident Historian

Default Pearson's of Liverpool Book

PM03 After The War Was Over – The Pearson’s Of Liverpool Story

Quite some considerable time ago, we announced a forthcoming and extremely fascinating book on the Canadian and American military vehicles that were assemble in Liverpool during World War II , unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control this company lost the premises it operated from and had its entire staff affected by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, as the landlords had installed a defective gas space heating system.

I am however delighted to say that, after all this time this beautifully illustrated book book is now going to print and will be available in December as a 148-page hardback book.

It contains 214 hitherto classified photographs of outstanding quality (taken from 12’’ x 10” glass negatives) to present a view of the 'secret' goings-on around Wavertree and Edge Hill. Here, in bombed-out factories and on waste ground around Smithdown Lane, Overbury Street, Crown Street, Queensland Road and Falkner Street, a vast fleet of military vehicles were erected in great secrecy.

The 148-page hard-back book will be produced entirely in black and white, with a sepia tone dust jacket, and is in an A4 landscape format.

The first 250 mail order customers will have their names printed in a subscriber's list at the book, making this a very valuable personal memento. It will only have a limited print run edition of 1,500 UK copies, each of which will be individually numbered and signed by the authors. A further 100 de-luxe hand-crafted and leather bound copies will be available at a cost of £99.50, and these will also be signed by the authors, numbered and posted to UK addresses by Special Delivery secure mail at no extra cost.

Regards

David Hayward on behalf of Prof Alan Earnshaw (co-author) and myself

Price: £25.00 plus first class post and packaging of £4 to UK addresses (Overseas at cost).

To confirm your order, please:

Telephone me, Kevin Bradley or one of my colleagues on: UK: 017683 51053 (Mondays to Saturdays 10am to 4pm) or International: +44 1768 351053
Or e-mail kevin@transpenninepublishing.co.uk

Send a cheque or postal order to:
Trans-Pennine Publishing Ltd.,
PO Box 10,
Appleby-in-Westmorland,
Cumbria CA16 6FA,
United Kingdom

Or order securely on line: http://www.transpenninepublishing.co...-earnshaw.html

Last edited by David_Hayward (RIP); 22-11-08 at 20:59.