View Single Post
Old 27-01-21, 03:20
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Craig View Post
In discussion with Ed Storey I am trying to grind down as to whom within 2 Svc Bn this bike might have been used by.

I have watched this video which kind of spread the possibilities far and wide as there is both MP and Signals components contained within.

At RV 89 I was a clerk at Div Rear in the G4 shop. We set up in a two-storey classroom building on the base at Wainwright. The maintainers, loggies, and movements were managed by this detachment from FMCHQ. This was pre-Internet, and almost all comms were physical. We had wired telephones, and for some things - some times - there was a line of sight microwave telephone system that connected out to the deployed Service Battalions. There was a detachment of Dispatch Riders from 1 Canadian Signals Regiment that hung out in our 1st floor. They had Iltis' and would drive out to pickup non-urgent paperwork, and bring it back to my office where we sorted it to the various desks. (Most of the time, they just hung out in my office and oogled my very attractive coworker, who would decide which swain to favour with her attention.)

So, it is entirely possible that your motorcycle was used by dispatch riders to carry the mail that needed to go back and forth to Div Rear from the Svc Bns, but didn't need to clog up the electronic message circuits.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!