View Single Post
Old 12-10-14, 13:30
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dunlop View Post
Ahah! A Mark V.

Never seen one in person, but somehow over the years I seem to have acquired a set of headphones for a Mark V. Supported by an adjustable canvas head band and a single wire strap about the same gauge as a coat hanger. The backs of each headphone are marked:

D.L.R.
No. 5
I.T.BA5

Totally surplus to my needs, so if someone is in need, let me know.

Cheers for now,

David
They're a general-purpose headset and issued with all manner of kit (most receivers, e.g. R107, R109, the various remote control units, wavemeters, et cetera).

As for what all the letters/numbers mean...

D L R = "D" type insert, low resistance coils.
No.5 = the fifth version/type of the headset - the earlier ones had metal headbands and were impossible to wear under a helmet.

I.T.B.A.5 = Insert, Telephone, Balanced Armature, type 5 (the actual earpiece assembly).

Fullerphones normally came with CLR headsets (different earpiece) which were somewhat lighter weight and (I think) folded up flatter so they would fit in the case easily.

Both were fitted with the No.9 jack plug (the one with the wide collar at the bakelite end, and the purpose of that was to prevent them being accidentally plugged into microphone sockets (for the No.3 carbon microphone) where they would silently discharge the battery).

Chris.