View Single Post
Old 22-08-20, 12:59

Mike,

Here is a real quick one just to get things going. I'll have to make an album once I really start into this thing. I'm trying to determine it's build date and based on some others that were inquired about on the Hobart Welders forum it appears to be late 1945. There was one built in July 1945 that was about 1500 serial numbers lower.

In this case it is sitting on a wood body Ben Hur trailer that somebody had stripped the body off, reinforced with C-channel cross struts and added a plate deck to the trailer. They kept the brakes but moved the parking brake lever to between the drawbars. For tool boxes they used two M-1937 Field Range Spare Parts Kit boxes.

The US Navy and Army Corps of Engineers had a Ben Hur looking trailer that was dedicated for some of these. 2 wheel, open C-channel frame with two large tool boxes that the fenders mounted to. I'm seriously considering fabricating the tool boxes and fitting some Ben Hur fenders to this trailer. It won't be 100% but it would be passable for reenacting events. That is assuming we get it running.

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
fullsizeoutput_fdc.jpeg