View Single Post
Old 22-08-20, 08:38
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew P View Post
Mike,

It's TM 9-834 VEHICULAR GENERAL PURPOSE UNIT EQUIPMENT. Here is a link to one you can find online, no download required. https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA...fs/TM9-834.pdf

The pages you want are Pages 38-49.

So is yours up and running? According to the Hobart Brothers website they made over a 100,000 of these during WW2. Looking around the internet I found one with a serial number about 1500 under mine that was reportedly built July 1945. So I think mine might be right in that end of the war time frame.

Do you have pictures of yours?

Matt
Hi Matt

Many thanks for that link. Would like to see your welder and if it is the same model I have . No, haven't got it running as yet, the large commutator is a little worn/uneven, probably could use it as is but would like to have it machined down .

I did post some pics somewhere , will have a look. The Dodge engine in it is the longer block type from memory .

This example I have is a mobile setup with a Dodge light commercial axle fitted and the lunette towing setup , think this modification was done by the AWC Aliied Works Council, possibly in the Northern Territory
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad

Last edited by Mike Kelly; 22-08-20 at 09:59.