View Single Post
Old 03-03-18, 02:57

Default restoration

Well, if you are a long time participant in MLU this will be old and familiar ground.
There seems to be great satisfaction in taking a kick at our federal, provincial. even private museums/ restorations because I/we/ you don't like the way they are doing things. I have been involved in this hobby for 40 plus years and yes, there are lots of horror stories and things that could have/should have been done better. DND has a tendency to not want to share its collection with enthusiastic civilians, and who could blame them? Their prime mandate is not vehicle restorations. The CWM takes flak for its operating decisions but regardless of which direction they take, they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.
The panzer project needed to happen. It was rotting with neglect. Do you think our entitled populace or Liberal politicians give a dam or have any funds for such a project? I think not. So a group of volunteers has stepped up to the task. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt. Not sure all the answers you want are available ? ... so go volunteer, be a participant and help with the project.
I am sure all constructive input and assistance would be greatly appreciated. BP