View Single Post
Old 10-08-08, 08:36
Andrew

It would be a real pity to see it even further slip in to disrepair
It makes me so cranky to see irreplaceable parts of our history destroyed or not looked after whether it be scrappies or useless politicians

As for the current "government" I was sent an email a little while back that i think fits this occasion

Subject: Fencepost turtle

While stitching up the hand of a 75 year old Queensland farmer, who got cut on a gate while working cattle, the rural doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Kevin 07 and his appointment to Prime Minister of Australia.

"Well, ya know," drawled the old farmer, "this Rudd fella is what they call a fencepost turtle."

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a fencepost turtle was.

The old farmer said, "when you're driving along a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's called a fencepost turtle."

The old farmer saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain, "You know he didn't get up there by himself, he definitely doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, even though his legs are moving he's going nowhere cos his feet aren't on the ground and you just gotta wonder what kind of dill put him up there in the first place!''

Custodian of the "Rare and Rusty"