View Single Post
Old 20-04-04, 07:10
Vets Dottir

Talking Why does Manitoba have Mosquitoes?

Water, water, everywhere ... just check out the map! Manitoba VERY marshy ... lotsa duck-hunting, lotsa mosquitoes, lotsa hunters ... men with guns EEEEEEEEK!

http://www.journey-manitoba.com/maps/Manitoba.htm
There are more links to maps for Manitoba towns and city.

FYI for all you Non-Canadians "over there"

Winnipeg is the Capitol city of the Province Manitoba. Manitoba located about the middle of Canada ... look below the southern tip of the BIG LONG lake on the left ... straight down is Winnipeg. Selkirk sits close to the lake tip. Up the right side an hour or so from Winnipeg, on the edge of Lake Winnipeg is where YAPPY yapped her first yaps and lived her early life, fishing/farming community ...

.... as did "Rifleman Edward Smith ... RWR's until he didn't come home from Normandy"

Lotsa history around there ... Hudsons Bay Company, Metis ... good fiddlers and jiggers GRIN Tommy Prince from around there too! His bro is my cousins dad. My PPCLI Daddy-O from Riverton up the left side of same big lake about 2 hrs from Winnipeg (used to be NEW ICELAND)

Look to the left border of Manitoba, about halfway up you will see FLIN FLON ... a little above that is a bigger splotch called a lake ... somewhere a part fo that lake is named EDWARD SMITH LAKE in commemorating my Uncles memory.

Anywise folks ... someon in here, for "over there" wanted to see a map of where I'm now located (Winnipeg, Manitoba) and I decided to post a link in case anyone else wants to see where Winnipeg and Manitoba are and why mosquitoes are a probleem
All that blue stuff is lakes and rivers.... I think they usd to have a saying on old licence plates saying "Manitoba... Land of 100,000 Lakes"
along with "Friendly Manitoba"

Serious duck hunting happens in this province
I wonder if you could just run over the ducks with a CMP? Or dive bomb them with a spitfire, Keefy with cam hangin' out the window shooting them in a different way?

Whaddayah say Keefy my friend, wanna come shoot some ducks? Bring your Spitfire okay?

gurgle gurgle ouch slap splat...Yappy