View Single Post
Old 26-04-20, 23:17
MLU Administrator

Default Replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly View Post
I have two of the 1940 Chev 113" wb light trucks these Indian models are based on. There is probably enough info to build a replica . Would be a easier project to build , the Aust. GMH style ute body is a nightmare of a thing with a complicated wooden frame and curved outer metal skin panels. A 1941 115" chassis would be a possible Indian bodied project too, enough of these models around. Tim Vibert did a similar conversion many years ago..to a 41 model, he used 13" wheels from a agricultural wheel business dealer , 900-13" tyres. I recall Tim driving the Chev to a club XMAS do at Ian Ledwidge's place , 1980's. With Tims Chev , he kept the hardtop but removed the doors , looked like a desert buggy.
Mike, was pondering over this with Bob Carriere who has plans to build a repro LRDG truck. From what I can see these Indian Pattern 15-cwt bodies had bascially the same dimensions as the No1 Australian body, and were very similar in construction. There certainly are differences, but pictures of the Indian Pattern body and dimensional and construction drawings of the No1 Australian body should be very helpful in building a replica body.

The Indian Pattern body was used on the 15-cwt CMP truck as well:

No1 Australian body: