View Single Post
Old 28-03-03, 23:44
Alexander Borgia

Default Re: Alexander

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Ashby
Pete:

One: You are entitled to your point of view what ever it may be, but in a similar vain so is everyone else, even if this does not fit with your view of the world
Indeed, and I share this point of view, as well as I encourage others to feel free with expressing their opinion whenever they see fit.

Quote:
Two: I do not pretend to understand the complex reasons for this war, nor am I completely sure at an academic level that I fully endorse it. However my countrymen are out there doing their duty and some are getting killed doing it. I have a moral duty to support them and not to undermine their morale or efforts with verbal posturing from the safety of a PC screen.
I have been closely following the progession of this war since January 2001. I have looked into the issues quite extensivlely. I personally don't have a problem with people supporting the troops, and I applaud those who do for following their hearts. I, I on the other hand support the Canadian troops first and foremost, and our government decision has been not to directly participate in the war any more than it already is. At present we have 31 soliders in active combat. I wish these soldiers godspeed on their return home, but until then I hope that an angel is looking over them.

Our government has made its stance on the war and I support the country that I am patriotic to.

Quote:
Three: Are you a restorer of Military Vehicles? If so why do you do it? I would be interested to hear. If not why are on this forum, there are many other forums which would cater better for your obvious needs.
I am in fact not a military restorer, alas, I live in an apartment and my vision precludes me from driving, I stop renewing my licence more than ten years ago. If some day my circumstances change I would like to own a C15A, but I have no place to store one right now. I do have one of Alex Blairs manuals in case I ever manage to get one. For now I must content myself in 1/35th of what it should be.

My interest is primarily in Canda's contribution to WW2, and primarily the administrative aspects of that military operation. I am also a member of a number of other lists and forums concerned with this subject. However, I have been coming to MLU for quite some time and I've always got something controversial to post along with other posts that I make. And any time Geoff wants to delete a thread he's more than welcome to do it, I never take offense when he does. But considering that this is a military oriented site and there is a war going on that is controversial, certainly it should be able to be discussed by adults without making it a personal issue.

Quote:
You are in sort Sir becoming boring.
So. There are some messages that I find terribly boring and I just use my mouse to scroll on by. It's very easy once you get the hang of it.