View Single Post
Old 29-11-22, 15:22
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr Brezina View Post
So the easier part is done, now i will have to dig it out of a sheet.
Chris, the adapter plate should look somehow like this?
Not quite like that, but very close and probably easier to make.

There's a 'step' rolled into the plate, about level with the middle of the supply unit connector, and a little deeper than the 'buttons' on the strap end. The 'cups' in your drawing should be keyhole slots like on the earlier supply units.

Quote:
I sniffed everywhere on the net and in my papers and found absolutely nothing about it. Unicorn item obviously.
The "Carriers, Set, Various" (Doc 1583 in the WS19 group archive) has a diagram of Carrier No.25 (I think), but if not there's an oblique drawing of it i Wireless for the Warrior Volume 2 on page WS19-61. The Batten, Terminal, 2-pt, No.4 is mounted to the vehicle table (under the set) instead of on top of the adapter and supply unit, and that illustration shows the later type of carrier mounting clamps that use Barry Mounts instead of the "Bridge" type of shock absorbers.

The adapter plate is very scarce because the later Wireless Set C12 supply unit had the keyhole slots reversed, so didn't need the adapter.

*ALL* mounting hardware is scarce, because it was usually scrapped with the vehicle, or removed and scrapped when the radio fit was updated.

Best regards,
Chris.