View Single Post
Old 27-12-19, 15:47

An opportunity presented itself a couple of weeks ago but I was unable to say anything at the time owing to Operation St. Nick OPSEC restrictions. Needless to say that restriction is now over and I can reveal what Santa left me. He did an awful job of wrapping it, it was casually left n the bed of the truck, but hey ho its home.

A somewhat dated version, 1970 if my eyes don't deceive me, but looks like every other toboggan I have seen except that the painted markings are new to me.

This was quite a score as far as I am concerned, in as much as it is complete and not damaged, just heavily used. As a welder I love the symmetry of the tig welds down the runner troughs on the underside. I am not sure exactly what the runners themselves are made from, I may have some new ones coming, we will see.

As far as the cover goes, I have a new one on the shelf but will wait a while before I fit that as this one is still usable as is.

The two harnesses and their ropes are old and the rope needs replacing if I can find some of the same material for those. The handle is not bent, seen many that were.

In general I am very happy to have acquired this. Thank you Santa.
Attached Thumbnails
toboggan big 02.jpg   toboggan big 01.jpeg   toboggan big 05.jpeg   toboggan big 04.jpeg   toboggan big 03.jpeg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62