View Single Post
Old 13-11-11, 19:36
aut viam inveniam aut fac

Whats the story behind finding this and where?

There are 2 x 17pdrs in my town, beside a tiny monument of a WWi soldier. Im sure NO ONE here knows what they are,. Im sure no one would even notice if one or both disappeared.

Several years ago, when I first restored my truck, I went to the local (francophone) legion and asked if they wanted me to participate in their ceremony with my restored CMP...kind of equivocal answer..so I showed up anyway...No one seemed interested..I drove behind them as they marched around a couple streets around the legion...waited at the ceremony, afterward no one said anything to me, invited me inside or in fact said a word to me before during or after...rien...nada..nuttin at all...not even a merci. It was as if this very large original wwii vehicle and owner were not even there...very disappointing experience.. I did not return.

I later discovered an Anglo legion nearby in the next town..they have a 25pdr on the lawn. but few members, and probably fewer now as Anglo community dies or moves away. I should drive by and see if it even still exists.