View Single Post
Old 06-04-19, 17:22
Centurion nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
I found reference to a 25 svc bn out of Toronto, so it's possible that is who this decal was for. The bottom white band is also puzzling.
As Ed notes below, it's more than likely the vehicle unit sign for a field workshop which was a rectangle of three equal horizontal stripes blue/yellow/red top to bottom with a white 25 serial. It would not be for 25 (Toronto) Service Bn since militia units, not being brigade assets, did not use the serial, but had a white strip above the vehicle unit sign with the unit's name stencilled on.

What is strange though, is why the 2 and the 5 are so far apart, why there seems to be blue paint around the 2 and why there is a white strip below it. This is a puzzler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstorey View Post
...25 on blue/yellow/red horizontal was also the tactical sign for a RCEME Field Workshop.
I think you're correct about it being for a field workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
I am leaning towards this flag being a LORE/EME flag with the dark blue, the yellow, and the red strips, and with the bottom strip being the light blue colour that was added to the RCEME (LORE) with unification.
I've never seen any B vehicles marked with coloured service battalion flag decals, but then I haven't seen any since the 80's so who knows.

Wish I could help more.

Cheers,
Dan.