View Single Post
Old 05-12-21, 00:22
GM Fox I

Thanks for that Dave. I'd like to throw out another angle to it. An operating wireless set in the back of a well restored MV marked and kitted out correctly, then crewed with period looking signalers is a living time capsule. However a good number of us are really only interested in one of those three aspects, maybe even two but all three takes some special kind of commitment.

But let's say that's where you want to go. First question, how many times do you get to show off the whole package? Probably not many times a year, and every time involves putting it all together and the inevitable wear and tear. If keeping it complete for your own enjoyment (pick me!!) it still requires either leaving the wireless set in the vehicle where most likely it will suffer moisture and cold in the garage. Or you could take it in and out before each show which is a ton of work and not great on those 75 year old connectors.

I have in the past had the most gratifying experience operating 19 sets in my UC and Fox but have now settled for non-operating, cosmetic sets in the vehicles and my runners safely inside. Now if I had indoor climate controlled storage I may revisit...

Last edited by Bruce Parker (RIP); 05-12-21 at 00:51.