View Single Post
Old 04-10-17, 19:15

Perry.

I know you probably have a whole list of items on your plate in addition to what you are attempting to accomplish with Holy Roller. If the agreement of the Regiment was unanimous for restoration, do you feel the project would get a major boost?

My thought would be to feel out Art Boyle on the project. Show him all the photos of what Holy Roller looks like inside today. Explain to him that what is seen on the outside today is just a mask, hiding the neglect and decay inside the vehicle. The very insides where he and his crew mates worked and lived and it is difficult to understand how some in the Regiment can claim they respect what the crews of Holy Roller did, while clearly showing no respect or understanding at all of where they did it.

If Art is in agreement, then a presentation of those photos, along with Art, if possible, should be made to the Regiment, point blank telling those that don't get it that they need to rethink their position. I would give the Regiment the courtesy of that meeting alone, and if their response was not satisfactory, take it to the local media. November 11th is just around the corner. Its an opportune time, if it can be pulled together.

David