View Single Post
Old 09-12-08, 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vets Dottir View Post

I read through the last posts and see you have all found that information. I remembered a soldier named "FERGUSON" who was executed too, but didn't recall correctly which group of POWS he was executed with. Thanks for searching out and posting the details.

Regards the DATE of death for Lt. W.S. FERGUSON ... if that "JUNE 6" date is what's entered in the War Graves site, then there is someone in charge of, and capable of updating/correcting information.

I hope someone will be able to get LT FERGUSON's information corrected as well.

Karmen
Hi. Lieut W S Ferguson was my uncle. I`ve only just found this thread, so apologies for being a bit late in responding. I`ve contacted the Commonwealth War Graves Commission in an attempt to get the details corrected. He certainly died on the 8th of June, not the sixth. He was born in Perthshire Scotland, but moved to ( first) Minneapolis, then Canada with his mother, after his father was killed on the Somme in November 1916. His mother was Annie White Stewart or Ferguson. She then married a gentleman called Pullen. By a strange twist of fate, I have discovered that the gravestones in Beny-sur-Mer are being refurbished / replaced in 2009. That would be a great opportunity to set the record straight. W S Ferguson was married to Masala Margaret Ferguson. The address given for her was Vancouver, British Columbia. I wonder if any of you could tell me how I would go about finding out if there were any children from the marriage, who were born in Canada. Who knows, I might have a Canadian cousin, or two!
Colin