View Single Post
Old 01-09-10, 06:01

Default Reasonable

If you have never organized anything like this you might not appreciate the costs and manpower involved in setting it up. $300 is pretty reasonable for such a large exercise. The logistics of this international convoy are complex and require a lot of planning and coordination. The MVPA like everything these days is hard pressed financially and has made a reasonable decision that it be self supporting. Western Command is planning on having a convoy, too the start in dawson Creek. Vancouver Island and lower mainland to Dawson Creek about 1300 km's each way. We will pattern it after our Freedom Route Tours and stop at every Legion and military or veterans facility on the way. Once in the creek those that want to take the alaska route will and the others will Backtrack home. It's just a matter of logistics for us as it will be at least twice as long as any of our previous convoys even without the Alaska portion. It's the amount of time off most of us would have to take to participate. It would be herculean to figure we could get away with that trip in only a eek so that means 2 weeks. Then the alaska portion itself which could be 2 to 3 weeks itself.
Lots to do, lots of planning. Myself I might need a fresh motor for that trip even if i just haul it in the back.
Looking forward to it actually