View Single Post
Old 15-11-19, 22:40

Default New solution for those....... with teenee things....

For those of us with tiny little air filters it appears that CA2675 paper filter should fit........ only 2.75 inches tall and may need some elevator shoes in the form of soft foam padding to raise the lid enough for proper airflow.

Seems to be the next best thing as per the Chat room at Fram. Will have one to try out tomorrow and to post photos. Price $17 at Benson and $19 at CTC but they have to be ordered.....listed as low demand.

Another one is CA79 ...but only 2.55 inches tall.....but could stack up two for 5 inches.......

Another glitch I have encountered is that the smallish air filter (8 inches something) once properly filled with oil will also spray oil at high speed and possibly due to increased airflow from the 6 bladed fan I am using......... some GM air filters for the early 50s did have a sheet metal strip added to the leading front edge of the bowl that effectively reduced airflow into the air filter assembly.

I am planning to add some hi temp insulation to the inside of the engine cover and it would be nice to keep it reasonably clean. Passenger side is only 3/4 inch from the exhaust manifold and does get dangerously hot in the Summer time.

Cheers

Stay tuned.
Canada