View Single Post
Old 02-08-14, 02:06
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Rob, I just returned from the U.K. W&P Revival. I flew both ways via Emirates.
Every airline tries to jamb as many beasts as it can into the stock crate. Having accepted that, I think Emirates were nice to fly with, and would recommend them. Left London about 9.00 on Thursday night, about 2 hours on the ground in Dubai, and arrived in Perth about 1.00 am Saturday morning. (this is somewhat mis leading)
Don't get me wrong....Emirates is certainly setting a new standard (or perhaps reviving the old standards) for customer comfort overall. Good meals, slippers, blinders, etc etc. But those cushions combined with the 14 hours of straight flight were murder.

Two hours in the Dubai terminal is not even enough time that you can walk from one end to another. If you are ever flying on someone else's dime I strongly recommend the hotel that is built in to the airport. Price is a little higher than what you would pay for the visa to leave the airport. For myself, after living 7 months in a 8x9 foot room in a tent, to find myself 8 hours after leaving the tent and being in all that marble and luxury made everything previous seem like it was a bad dream.