Thread: Nazi Racoons
View Single Post
Old 30-11-06, 02:46
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default .45 VS 9MM....

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Cheeky sod, aren't you? I was actually quite good with it in my earlier years, liked it much better than the 9mm...

@ Jon -- That's one thing we didn't do when I was up at your place... go critter-stalkin'! Damn. At least you could've let me have at the chipmunk farm you seem to have started, when I was outside for my morning coffee and smoke!
JIf I have to agree with you..I never owned a Colt Model 1911 auto but had fired one once..It was much different from my Browning Hi Power..It was smooth and very accurate ,if gripped with the two handed grip...not the muzzle blast and jump up and to the left of the Hi Power..The two handed grip corrected that some what...But I had the Chinese contract model with the shoulder stock and that made all the difference in muzzle wander..
I played around with different loads and got the accuracy down by lighter loads ..but with the standard military loaded 9MM ammo,which was designed for the Sten,and loaded heavy to blow back the heavy sten bolt ,it really made the Hi Power dance..
But for all around critter shooting I prefered my Ruger 10/22 rifle with 4 power scope..
Many a rodent payed the price with extreem prejudice because of that little sweety..