View Single Post
Old 10-01-21, 02:13
carrier mech

Well nothing moves as fast as one would like it seems, but I have made some good progress on the 25 pounder. There are still some small parts missing like the linkage front the trunnion lever to the sight assembly, but overall I have most things now painted, lubricated and operating. Lots of little things to look after yet like the grease fittings and cotter pins, and some fabrication work to make a new seat base and seat. The bore is like a sewer pipe, but I am going to pin the barrel up for blank fire so the bore won't matter.

I will bring in one of the firing platforms soon and get a start on it, although it will have to wait for spring before it can be blasted and painted.

For the most part, when purchasing, I bought doubles so the second gun can be done one day as well. The limber and tractor will have to come before the second gun of course.

One of the big problems I am about to face is that the cold side of the quonset is already filled with equipment. I think my easiest move will be to get the Jeep moved out into one of the smaller sheds to make room for this gun. But that will only be a temporary solution. I think I am soon going to have to assemble the next and bigger shed.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0062.jpg   DSCF0063.jpg   DSCF0060.jpg   DSCF0052.jpg   DSCF0050.jpg