View Single Post
Old 02-10-20, 07:08
Lionel G. Evans

Default Engines on the Move

Hello All,

I started to move the engines that are on engine stands and dollies out of my shed and into the shipping containers. The second one to make the move was the engine out of my 2A ex-Army Land Rover Ambulance.

I used the "ute" crane mounted onto one of my trailers to lift the engine out of the shed. I took it for a ride in the paddock and set it down on the shipping container floor. The engine is parked up until I start rebuilding it.

I now have more uncluttered floor space in my shed and can now get in and out of my car without having to worry about opening the door onto an engine mounted on a stand. With the other engines moved I also have free aisle space in my shed and full 360 degree access to my 1940 Chevrolet ex-Australian Army truck in the shed too.

The next part of the plan is to move and sort all the stuff that has been placed in front of the shelves in my shed. The step after that is sort everything out and know where it has been placed. My dream is to be able to go into the shed or a shipping container and be able to lay my hands on a specific tool or a part immediately. You know - for me to be able find stuff without any dramas, or risk to life or limb.

Then I can start back on restoring some green painted motor vehicles - and make some real progress.

Kind regards
Lionel
Attached Thumbnails
Series 2A Engine Out.jpg   Series 2A Engine Arriving.jpg   Series 2A Engine Parked.jpg  
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 02-10-20 at 07:14.