View Single Post
Old 24-07-20, 15:29
Lionel G. Evans

Default It's Arrived Home!... Hello "Tex"

Hello All,

Around 8:00 this morning my shipping container arrived home. It is a 40 Foot "High Top". I bought the container locally and was able to inspect it prior to purchase.

There are a number of local suppliers; however, they mostly handle the 20 Foot ones. All suppliers advertise a base price which involves units that are barely fit for purpose. The price rises dramatically for containers that are suitable for storage.

My container is unlined. It is a starting point. The first task is to clear at least three engines that are on dollys and other "goodies" that are currently blocking access to walkways and shelves in my shed. Then panels like spare bonnets and mudguards will be stored in the container.

Once I have safe and hassle-free access to the shelves it will mark a time for sorting. All the contents of the shelves will be spread out on the shed floor. Things will be sorted and stored back on their own dedicated shelves. That way I might not waste so much time trying to find a tool that was put "somewhere - a while ago".

Well such is the plan ... will it become a reality??? At least the first steps have been taken. Enter one big shipping container.

Kind regards
Lionel
Attached Thumbnails
Container 1.jpg   Container 2.jpg   Container 3.jpg   Container 4.jpg  
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 24-07-20 at 15:36.