View Single Post
Old 04-05-20, 04:19

Default 2020 at the Hammond Barn

All this isolation drives one to do silly things.......

Used the spare time to finally assemble all the loose parts I have been collecting into a "rotisserie".......

Started by buying a full set of plans from Red Wings on Ebay...... good basic information and viable design....... but I started tosee other models on U tube and Ebay and some features were interesting others outright dangerous.......

So from basic plans....some limitations due to skills levels...... and much discussion with Grant I have finished a sturdy rotisserie that will BBQ a decent size CMP.......... first project will be restoration of one 2B1 cargo box.

The device incorporates a screw drive gear box (60:1) from the Steam Guy, huge pillow blocks that came from a discarded jeep engined generator frame from Jason, long bottle jacks from Princess and tons of 2x2 and 2.5x2.5 trailer square tubing with 1/4 in. walls. Tires/rims from my neighbors garbage that matched the axle stubs from Princess 5 x 4 1/2 in.

It will swing 90 inches and I am using a wrench to turn the gears but it is fitted to take the 1/2 inch impact air gun when loaded. It will adjust for lenght. Further adjustments are made by means of a 3/4 in grade 8 threaded rod form our local fabricator shop.

Will cannibalize the rear section of a badly rusted 15 cwt frame to be the base of the cargo box to be rebuilt.

Took a lot of Mig Welding wire and the current price of steel is unbelievable..... fortunately most of my steel had been purchased 2 years ago. I have yet to install a tow ring that will allow me to lift one end with the tractor and move it around as a trailer.

Now for the peetures!!!!! ....may have to split them in two sets.....

Cheers

Ooops having token issues....will try again...
Canada