View Single Post
Old 04-07-16, 09:44
Darryl

Default M8 restoration

Hi all,

Slow progress continues with this. Along with cleaning up the brake parts I have been working on the first axle and getting it ready for blasting and paint.

After a long battle with getting the three countersunk slot screws holding the brake drum out, I now have one hub apart and stripped.

I am still working on the other one. This side had no drum and no axle fitted and has been exposed to the elements so the hub locking nut is completely frozen. It is work in progress....

I am also removing the torque rods so that I can eventually fit the new torque rod ends I have. How do you guys normally remove these torque rod ends from the pins on the axle? They are too big for any of the pullers I have so I am looking into buying a hydraulic puller of maybe 5 ton?

Does anyone have any experience with these hydraulic pullers in this application? Will 5 ton cut it?

Something I noticed today was that the two sets of turret seat mounts I have are two different lengths. One set is 3 “ shorter than the other. Was this a change made when the armoured floor was fitted?
Attached Thumbnails
P1060961.JPG   P1060942 - Copy.JPG   P1060990.JPG   P1060996.JPG   P1060941.JPG  

Darryl Lennane

1943 Willys MB
1941 Willys MBT Trailer
1941 Australian LP2A Machine Gun Carrier
1943 White M3A1AOP Scout Car
1944 Ford M8 Armoured Car
1945 Ford M20 Armoured Car