View Single Post
Old 23-05-11, 03:41
Addicted to Drab

Default Military muster update

It is has been quite a while since I have posted anything so I better bring you all up to speed. I have been across the country and so many other things...including getting one Carrier Engine ready. Almost done JB.

Anyway...here is what has been happening behind the scenes. Soliciting for corporate support continues with a good response since last year was such a success. The show has now got some history and it is easier to sell the opportunity to advertise. I was at a show this weekend in Michigan and there will be a large contingent of our US Brothers and Sisters coming across the border to join us. I have worked very hard with CBS (Canadian Border Services) to coordinate a crossing and it will pay off in dividends. There will be a Military Art Exhibition with the show with artists on hand to both sell their works and possibly do some work on hand as well. There will be miniature modelers doing wargaming from various times in history, the WW1 trench is back and of course the helo is also booked for the weekend. The movie that fell through the cracks will be here this year...the owner was on holidays and promises to come through...that will be Friday night...oh ....did I say beer garden...yup ...and Saturday night will be USO/Maple Leaf show. I have organized a 40 X 100 ft tent to extend the Pavilion for the vendors so they will be under cover...there should be a running Cadillac Tank engine display...the Canadian Forces will be on hand again, there will be an inflatable castle for the kiddies to play in ...it will be located near the Middle Ages heavy battle group. Breakfast buffet each day for vendors and reenactors again ...water and other goodies as well. Now I have a question for you ....I need some feedback....would you like an opportunity to use a real flame thrower? I am working on one for the show....I plan on holding a raffle for a few to win the opportunity the try the ULTIMATE BBQ LIGHTER out for a Toonie to offset the cost of the display for the show...again this year I will supply all the blank ammo, Enfield, Mauser, Garand, M1 Carbine..Black powder will also be available for long guns, cannons and other goodies. Submit your needs....Sandbags will be available and we encourage setting up dioramas for the show....there will be judging this year for best set up...most of you know you can dig, build and modify as long as area is returned to orginal state....There will be more vehicles coming, more vendors coming and more displays coming. All in all the event will be bigger and better that last year....so....book your long weekend, register on the website
submit your particular needs, and give me some feedback about the opportunity to light up the the ULTIMATE BBG LIGHTER...I have much more news for later....just waiting confirmation before going public...

cheers

Mike Timoshyk
Event Coordinator
Southern Ontario Military Muster
www.militarymuster.org
519-974-9596