View Single Post
Old 18-05-03, 05:24
Vets_Dottir

Thumbs up Royal Winnipeg Rifles:"The Devil's Blast"

Hi all.

The Royal Winnipeg Rifles Museum puts out a Newsletter called "The Devil's Blast" with all sorts of neat info about the RWR's history and people who served/serve. Personal stories included. Also included are the names of people who have passed on, and letters/comments from subscribers and requests for info, RWR Events, and so on. I love how "attractively" its presented, its simple, and the fonts are big enough to read for those with vision problems (like me with my bi-Focals AND Magnifying Glass!)

The Co-Editor told me he wanted to send me a complimentary copy because there was information about JUNE 8, 1944 in the MAY 2003 issue. I received that newsletter yesterday and what the Co-editor did NOT tell me, was that he wrote a little article about my Uncle and my search (page 21) He also included a little entry I made to their guestbook (end of page 43-44). I was amazed and pleased (He got the part about me being the sole surviving relative mistaken...Ihave sisters and cousins still living. Older generations all passed on)

You know, since I started searching a couple of months ago and am connecting with so many "military" folks, what really strikes me about people in the Armed Services/military, is just how wonderfully "connected and supportive" they are of each other, with each other. Its like an "extended family" feel and closeness and MUTUAL RESPECT.

The rest of the world could sure benefit on the whole if people and countries behaved in such a way towards each other.

No harm in dreaming

Carman ...