View Single Post
Old 01-02-15, 23:41
Mr. HUP

Default Busy Weekend - Sundy

I decided that my son Jesse, needed to be detached from his electronic life support systems (TVs, computer, DS, Xbox) and spend some time in the great out of doors. So, early this fine morning, we thawed out the car and headed to the S&P Museum to give Gunner a hand in moving some frames. It took the car some time to warm up in the -25oC weather, but the roads were clear, making the trip to Kars fairly fast. Seems folks around here tend to stay home when the mercury dips low.

Jesse dug out the front and back door to the museum's main building, and then worked on clearing snow from a few of the trucks. Gunner and I extracted a "quick assembly/disassembly" jeep frame from its icy parking space. It took some time to get the tires out of the frozen ground, but the handy farm jack made short work of it. After hooking the frame to the nearest 2 and half ton, the frame was eventually parked in a warm garage. Gunner will be working on this project over the remainder of the winter, and if and when he comes on to this forum, he can explain what is up.

After frolicking in the wind and snow, we headed into Ottawa to visit the Regimental Museum at the Morrison Gun Park - a new facility set up to accommodate the Bytown Gunners. The park is a temporary solution until someone decides where a permanent structure can be built to house 30th Field Regiment, RCA. After a quick tour, we off-loaded some 6 pounder wheel assemblies and then headed for the comfort of home.

On the way home Jesse remarked that every visit with Gunner was an interesting visit. I think that Jesse actually enjoyed his day away from the electronics. Sadly, he has now reconnected with his Xbox. I guess I shouldn't complain too much. After all, here I sit feeding one of my obsessions...

Photos:

1 - Deuce frolicking in the snow
2 - A frigid Jeep
3 - The restored 17lbr at the Morrison Gun Park
4 - Jesse enjoying the view
5 - Gunner and Jes hamming it up
Attached Thumbnails
frolk.jpg   jeep3.jpg   17.jpg   Jes.jpg   boys.jpg  

Last edited by RHClarke; 04-02-15 at 16:05.