View Single Post
Old 14-01-15, 03:50

Default some of us have to stay behind to freeze our collective a****

But we manage..... can't say I am getting a sun burn sitting by Lucifer.... but it occasionnaly gets hot enough to thaw out a mosquito or two.

Meanwhile we are progressing in the dress up of the cab 11....... each panel has been bolted on at least 3 times and some nearing ten times.

Considering what we had to start with.... and the fact that I innocently but purposely mixed cab 11 and cab 12 parts...... which are all the same but very different .... we now have a nose.

Grant has been my second and third hand ...along with a good eye....with this process and we both have nothing but admiration for Phil, Alex, David and others who have toiled alone and without having 3 other trucks to compare to...Kudos gentlemen....

You will note that the original shows that THIS cab 11 never had the rubber light mounted on the front fenders.

I now have two holes in the front fenders that needs to be welded were the signal lights had been installed..... and the fenders have all been painted.

Nonetheless it must all be taken apart again for some bolt holes and captive nuts to be added due to parts mixed between 11 and 12 cabs and all the modern bolts will be replaced with dome slotted machine screws and finishing washers....phew!!!! oh and to add the antisqueak tape everywhere it is required.

Cheers

I know the fairlead is in the wrong place and Grant tells me it is a Aussie model....? but I do have a proper one...
Attached Thumbnails
forMLU early noseIM000800enl.jpg   DSC02971mluresized.jpg  
Canada

Last edited by Bob Carriere; 14-01-15 at 04:03.