View Single Post
Old 22-05-13, 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cecil View Post
'Forest green being the home service colour of 1944' is not correct for an Australian vehicle, and neither is a gloss finish for the purported period (1944). The Australian Army did not commence to finish vehicles in Deep Bronze Green gloss finish until 1945, and then only for rear areas and where a vehicle actually needed to be repainted.'Forest Green' has never, to my knowledge, been an Australian Military colour.
I'm interested in the dark green color Mike. The 39 Ford 1 ton ute I am restoring had several layers of various green and red paint on it but the original factory color was the dark green. I wondered about re sprays but under the firewall insulation was the best example of original paint and it surprised me that it was a dark green and actually looked like it had possibly been a gloss finish. I wondered what the civvy factory colors were coming off the Ford assembly line at the time. It is a roadster cab so not an impressed vehicle.

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 24-05-13 at 17:56. Reason: please don't quote entire posting