View Single Post
Old 09-11-08, 20:40

Default Two of a kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lang View Post
Just to confuse the issue, I had a look at the numbers on my Chev ute.

Some are earlier than Ian McCallum's English one (saw it at Beltring and it looks a picture) and some are later.

Body plate is Number 540, Serial 4526, Month 2 This makes it a few hundred older than the other one.

Then the big ID plate says Model 5-1311-91567B (indicating Brisbane I presume)

This plate also has the Serial number which is the same as the engine number CR4058375 which makes it thousands newer than the other one???? I suspect engine numbers are a poor indicator of age as there would be thousands of engines in the store and all it would take is for the forklift driver to go to the left of the pile instead of the right to jump a few thousand numbers. I think the body number is more accurate as that would be stamped coming along the line.

There is a second large plate from GM-H which says Maximum load 1300lbs GVM 5210lbs

This is the one I am bringing to Normandy next year.
Lang,

Been off line for a short while and just seen your Chev! I will also be taking mine to Normandy next year so we must exchange 'who's staying where' info as it would be great to get them both together.

I take it from your earlier e-mail yours has the standard civilian type instrument cluster.

Would certainly appreciate seeing some further photos. Mine is missing the second GM-H load plate so would appreciate a good photo and some dimensions, unless anyone has one on a real scrapper?

Ian