View Single Post
Old 01-10-06, 17:04
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Moved West..

Hi John..
What a great job you did on the D2..
I'm sure you have lots of fun with it..
The F 15A with the GM axles was probably early and a plate or seriel number would be great..
The parts on most of the vehicles were designed to be interchangeable so even a Ford front or rear with a GM front or rear axle was possible,though uncommon..
I don't know the John Williams you refer too but he may know me and my memory of him has slipped..I have been doing this manuals gig for over 10 years and have had many contacts..Some stand out more than others but would be glad to hear from him as there are other like minded souls lost in the Rusty Old Truck(R.O.T.ters) hobby in the area that would be pleased to have him join us for a brew and some lies and shop talk over the next while..
We are due for a casual meeting of the ROtters at one of our favourite sin palaces..Grace O'Malley's Bar and Grill on Ogilvey ,just west of Aviation Pkway east Ottawa..
So if John cares to join us we would be glad to see him..We usually meet around 5 PM during the week for a couple of hours..Have a few aleski's some bar grub and laugh and lie a lot so it is a good time and all ROTTERS are invited..Even ROTTERS with no vehicles but a love and an interest in the craft..Old military vehicles..
Let us know if you are ever back this way and stay in touch..
We are always looking for a reason to meet at Gracies and a new face in town is reason enough..