View Single Post
Old 31-01-22, 02:59

Default SUPPLY UNITS, Vibratory, No. 52 ZA/CAN 4354

Back in Posts #765 and #766, when I first decided to tackle some of the work on the Supply Unit, I had discovered a small patch that had fallen off the upper rear corner of the left side of the case for the Vibratory Supply. It had been lacquered in place to serve as insulation to shield some wiring on the main supply unit from accidentally contacting the side of the case.

At the time, this small piece looked either made of a thin’ plastic, or thick manila sheet. On closer inspection now, I am pretty certain it is a thin plastic. Over time, it had developed a few ripples in it and was proving difficult to get to lay flat again on the side of the case.

I decided to use some old clear nail polish my lovely Wife had donated to the cause, due to the polish having turned a light amber, to reattach the patch. As soon as that was done, I set one of my hydraulic jacks on top of the patch to weight it down and fired up my heat gun on low heat (350 degrees F) and directed the airflow into the back corner of the case, under the jack. I did that for almost two minutes. At that point, the rear sheet metal of the case was uncomfortable to the touch and the base of the jack was warmer than room temperature. The heat gun was then turned off and the entire assembly allowed to cool down for 6 hours. Quite pleased with the result.

Now there are a couple of items to address on the Supply Unit itself, related to the Vibratory Supply.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Supply Unit 60.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 61.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 62.JPG