View Single Post
Old 29-01-22, 19:58

Default SUPPLY UNITS, Vibratory, No. 52 ZA/CAN 4354

It was Reassembly Day today for the Vibratory Supply, which is always a nice point to reach in any project.

There was wee bit of a challenge in the very first step of fitting new cross pins to the two Shakeproof No. 18 Cowl Fasteners. I was able to seat them with the Cross Pin Setting Tool, but the resistance was too high when I tried getting then centered so I ended up having to tap them home with a small hammer. An interesting exercise I am glad is over.

Once the two cowl fasteners were reattached to the front panel, the next step was putting the panel back on the front of the Vibratory Supply. Since there is a significant overhang of the bottom of the panel, I set the Vibratory Supply up on a pair of small wooden blocks to clear the bottom of the panel from the surface of the bench. Then, after the Knobs, Metal was loosely fitted, I installed the two SEMS Screws, also to a loose fit. The three holes in the front panel for these pieces of hardware are slightly oversized. This allows one to ensure the bottom edge of the front panel is square to the surface the Vibratory Supply is resting on. In that way it will also be square to the front panel of the Supply Unit when reinstalled in it. This hardware was then given its yellow lacquer on the inside and the two Clips, Metal U-Shape for the drop cords were put back on. Again, there is just enough wiggle room with this hardware to allow one to ensure the outer edges of the clips are parallel to the outer edges of the front panel before carefully tightening them down. With this hardware given its yellow lacquer, another small bit of the project done.

David
Attached Thumbnails
WS No. 52 Supply Unit 53.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 54.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 55.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 56.JPG   WS No. 52 Supply Unit 57.JPG