View Single Post
Old 15-01-22, 23:33

Default SUPPLY UNITS, Vibratory, No. 52 ZA/CAN 4354

While reviewing some earlier photos I took of the inside of the Vibratory Supply assembly (Reference Post #770), I realized all the hardware in this assembly was sealed with a flat yellow lacquer, For some reason I did not pay much attention to this at the time, but now took the time to confirm all the other components of this 52-Set had a clear lacquer applied to the hardware.

I then rechecked each component chassis, and on each found either a small round CMC Inspection Stamp, either struck directly into the metal somewhere, and/or small black or blue ink stamps showing the metalwork had been inspected and approved for continued processing on the line. No such marks can be found on the front panel plate for the Vibratory Supply. The most likely place for such marks would be the upper rear section of the panel where it would have been easily seen. As per the last photo in Post #778, nothing shows.

It makes no sense to me that Canadian Marconi would have wasted money on a section of the production area making Vibratory Supplies to have a different coloured sealing lacquer from the rest of production, but if Philco was making these Vibratory Supply assemblies for Canadian Marconi, the visible evidence fits that theory.

I wonder how well the executives of each company knew each other during the war?

David