View Single Post
Old 24-11-04, 15:09
Dog Robber

cletrac:

I stand corrected on the Inters and happily so. I can only plead that I made my post at 0015 hours after being on a plane from California all day. Shows my loyalty to MLU that I could not wait to get back into the fray.

A D-2 it is and as you say most likely a 1940 model. Fred Crismon's history of IH shows 1940 light models both with and without the separate parking lights, in particular an Aussie Ute without them. Having seen this before, it is entirely feasable to me to assume that perhaps very early production models may have been supplied here and there with the older headlamp system. Inters were assembled in Australia since at least the thirties and are so today as far as I know. I have some pics from the AWM site and I believe the name on the factory was McKormick-Deering which was one of the predecessor companies to International Harvester that at first built only agricultural tractors etc.

Thanks for the correction and I will be more careful next time or at least try to post when I am in more control of my faculties.

Bill