Thread: Info needed: C8A HUW J&J Restoration
View Single Post
Old 07-12-23, 12:45

Hello Hanno, it took a while but I am happy that I took the step to participate in the MLU forum. (my English is for what it is) The knowledge of Chevrolet and Ford CMP Vehicles still leaves a lot to be desired. I am often faced with a challenging surprise.

Hi Maurice, the fact that a diesel engine was installed in the past may explain the (many) cutting work on the chassis, frame and floor plates in the cabin area. The vehicle has changed color several times over the years. All in all I came across 4 different colors of paint.
However, on the chassis near the rear engine mounting I found, in my opinion, a reasonably traceable first layer of paint. This emerged after removing a thick layer of oil and grease.

Hi Ed, the lettering will be entirely in accordance with Toronto Scottish. The photos of this will follow soon. On older layers of paint I could not find any characters other than Toronto Scottish characters.
What I also cannot figure out is the meaning of “W/T” on the right front door. This was on the old visible layer of paint. However, I couldn't find anything on the first (bottom) layer of paint. On a layer in between there was only a “W” behind the W.D. Number.

Hanno, now you investigate the type plate on the dashboard.
This was the plate when I bought the HUW from Johan van Rijn. In addition, the two original plates as in the photo. I don't have any other type plate. This may have been removed at some point as a souvenir. I intend to have a NOS type plate printed with the correct information.

Assuming that the chassis number stamped on the chassis is decisive for me, I understand as you write that the Order Number (CD)LV 309 cannot correspond to the year of the chassis number? That should perhaps be (CD)LV 308.
If I look at the engine number on the nameplate (FR3891254), I think that the production date corresponds to the nameplate.
I also cannot determine the date on which the chassis number 2844------ (1942) changed to 3844------ (1943). So chassis numbers with 2844------ were also made in early 1943?
All in all, I think that all information is correct with the possible exception of Order Number 309.

Can anyone tell me at which chassis number LV 308 ended and at which chassis number LV 309 began?

Thank you for your positive responses.
Regards, Bert
Attached Thumbnails
20180903_092210 MLU.jpg   20231207_121258 MLU.jpg