View Single Post
Old 14-04-03, 16:33
Vets_Dottir

Cool Love the cartoon Hanno!

"Peace Bro's"

Hanno... I feel much Like you, and most other people do. Anti-war, but when war comes down, pro positive impacts and yes, pro "all those who choose getting down and dirty with it, and very pro supporting and helping them and their families deal with the losses and impact" while I always wish it all hadn't happened at all, for all sorts of reasons.

I feel so very sorry for all the innocent peoples suffering, and so on. All the people directly involved have been forever hurt and affected, and world relationships to different degrees as well.

WW2... I'm very proud of all the people who helped to stop the mass abuses then, and altho my own Uncle was "murdered" by the Nazi's unjustified action, rather than losing his life to conflict or accident, his voluntary choice to risk his life in order to protect others is what made stopping the abuses possible. Ideally, he was murdered while attempting to help stop abuse.

If he, and all the others hadn't jumped in to help it all stop... it never would have stopped and maybe we'd all me Nazi's now, like it or lump it?

I think there is nothing so scarey as an outraged omnipotent hormonal teenager with a gun in their hands. and there is nothing so incomprehensible or unjustifiable as the abusiveness that created that creature.

Until we all have organic peace pills for everyone to take with their breakfast, we're stuck with having to do what gets desired results when the shit hits the fan and suddenly everyone is caught up in the feud.

I'm very uneasy about how war is so-called "justified" ... and I sure hope that the "What if..." fears that seem to have started this one, end up being validated by finding those weapons etc.

The powers that be need to validate and justify this war in all our eyes for us. The soldiers who do the dirty-work and take the credits and the flack both at war and when its over from their peers??? The soldiers... don't need to justify anything. They deserve nothing but respect and consideration and those support networks and assistance best damned well be ready and available for those who come home.

I just pray for peaceful resolutions all over the place ... but that's tomorrows possibility. Not todays. Today just really sucks.

All my own opinions here. I don't know whats right or wrong, I just know I don't like war. I do like protecting life. Sometimes a war is what it takes to stop an abusive element and once a battle starts everybody is part of it and I feel like everyone needs to do their part to help it to stop, or help clean up the mess, or help with the impacts.

Sorry everyone... I guess I do have a lot of yappy responses to whats happening. It's good to be able to say them so others can know whats in my head .. other than air of course

Carman