View Single Post
Old 18-05-20, 01:09
VMVC

Default F15/F15-A Clutch return spring location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganmain Tony View Post
Put the tail shaft in as well as handbrake and the rod to the back.
The rod turned into a brute of a job.

The clutch return spring is the black one in the pictures. Can anyone clarify that I have put the back of the spring in the right spot on the chassis?
Hi Tony,

Cannot confirm location for an F15 but on the F15-A it goes into the small hole above the master cylinder. There is a similar hole above your master cylinder but more to the outside of the vehicle. It looks like the pull would clear the brake rod by an adequate margin in any case. Going through a hole also reduces the chance of it detaching from just being held by the the edge of the chassis. I could be completely off the mark but it is a possibility.

Just had another thought: I measured my clutch return spring and it is 10-1/2" long. If yours is the same length it would require stretching a lot more to fit into the chassis crossmember than to fit into the hole. This assumes the faces of both trucks crossmembers are the same distance from the clutch arm. If your spring is longer, then the crossmember most likely is the anchor point.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0182a.JPG   IMG_0205.JPG  

Jacques Reed

Last edited by Jacques Reed; 19-05-20 at 01:05. Reason: Added last comment and diagram